[New Release] Devolutions Server 2021.2 Is Now Available! | Devolutions
About Devolutions Server
For those unfamiliar with this solution, Devolutions Server is a full-featured account and password management platform with built-in Privileged Access Management (PAM) components. It deploys rapidly, implements easily, and delivers the core features of a comprehensive and scalable PAM solution — but at a price that is sensible and affordable for SMBs.
In addition, Devolutions Server seamlessly integrates with our centralized remote connection management solution Remote Desktop Manager. Once paired, Devolutions Server + Remote Desktop Manager establishes a robust all-in-one privileged account and session management platform that supports more than 150 tools and technologies.
Devolutions Server 2021.2 offers many significant additions. Here are some of the key highlights:
Please note that a database upgrade is required.
- New Devolutions Server Free Edition, which has the SAME advanced features and functionality as the Team version but is limited to 3 users and 100 entries.
- New PAM Module licensing that allows users to unlock advanced privileged access management capabilities including:
- Privileged session management
- Privileged account discovery
- Secure credential injection
- Automatic and scheduled password rotation
- Privileged session recording and monitoring
- Checkout request approval
- One-time passwords (OTPs) are now available for privileged entries as well as regular entries (previously they were only available for regular entries).
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) is now available for ALL editions of Devolutions Server: Free, Team, Enterprise, and Platinum.
User Access Management
- Temporary access requests now available in Devolutions Server, so Admins can decide to grant/deny temporary access to a machine to users who do not usually have the permission to launch a specific session.
- New option to send scheduled reports to an email address that is not a Devolutions Server user (previously, scheduled reports could only be sent to a user).
- New automated auto approval for privileged users (users who are designated as approvers do not need to request approval from another user when they check out a privileged session — they will automatically access it).
Password Rotation for Privileged Accounts
- New password rotation report.
- New option to schedule password rotations on accounts via the Scheduler Service
- New option to import passwords from a Google Password Manager .csv file.
- New server-side Synchronizer entry configured from the web interface.
- New Asset tab in entries (the same as RDM — and contains all information about the asset, including OS, host, IP, domain, installed software, hardware description, purchase information, and more — see screenshot below).
Update on Devolutions Gateway
Devolutions Gateway is the relay server for peer-to-peer connectivity between your computer and a remote machine when a direct connection is not possible. It provides authorized just-in-time access to resources in segmented networks. Key benefits of Devolutions Gateway include:
- Reduced exposure to internal network resources with just-in-time RDP connections through the Devolutions Gateway.
- Replaced static VPN and firewall rules with dynamic access rules controlled by Devolutions Server.
- Enhanced security by giving remote access, or access to specific applications, in separate network segments on demand.
- Improved productivity by eliminating the need to update VPN or firewall rules for temporary access.
Book a Free Consultation Session with our Specialist
Comments are closed