Use Case: How Organizations Can Use a Linux Server Database Backend with Remote Desktop Manager | Devolutions
Starting with version 2022.1.11.0, Remote Desktop Manager no longer supports MySQL or Maria DB as a data source. This decision was made after our analysis found that:
- Less than 2% of Remote Desktop Manager customers used these data sources.
- 80% of the MariaDB and MySQL-related issues that our Support Team handled were directly related to configurations in these databases, and not to Remote Desktop Manager.
However, some customers — predominantly those using Remote Desktop Manager for Linux — may not want to migrate to a Windows server backend. Fortunately, there is a straightforward and practical alternative: Microsoft SQL Server Express.
In our new use case (which includes how-to steps), you will discover how using Microsoft SQL Server Express as a backend for Remote Desktop Manager delivers:
- A Familiar Server Environment: Leverage experience and familiarity in Linux server management, instead of migrating to a Windows server backend.
- A Proven and Secure Database: Microsoft SQL Server has been used in enterprises and organizations worldwide for several decades with proven success.
- Excellent Management Tools: Use Microsoft SQL Management Studio, CLI tooling, and DbaTools for PowerShell to support and streamline management.
Click here to instantly download the Use Case [PDF].
Click here for a full list of Use Cases that are also available for download.
Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager
Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) centralizes all remote connections on a single platform that is securely shared between users and across the entire team.
Free Devolutions Information Kit
Get first-hand information and whitepaper to discover Devolutions best-in-class Privileged Access Management, Password Management, and Remote Connection Management solutions for SMEs.
Book for a Free Consultation Session
Learn more about Devolutions and its best-in-class Privileged Access Management, Password Management, and Remote Connection Management solutions that are prohibitively expensive and excessively complex for most SMBs
Comments are closed