InstallShield 2020 R3 Now Available
InstallShield 2020 R3
InstallShield is the fastest, easiest way to build Windows installers and MSIX packages, and today we announce new InstallShield enhancements:
InstallShield 2020 R3 Release Highlights
Support for Fonts in MSIX
Add font files to your MSIX package and make them available for all your applications.
Azure DevOps Extension for InstallShield Build
You can now build InstallShield projects in an Azure DevOps pipeline.
And just in case you missed previous releases, new 2020 features include:
- MSIX Bundles – Build MSIX Bundles using a new utility to bundle your architecture specific packages either for direct distribution or to upload to Microsoft Store.
- Services in MSIX – Convert your existing Basic MSI projects with services easily into MSIX Packages or create MSIX Projects from scratch using MSIX Project.
- MSIX Modification Packages – Ability to build MSIX modification packages from InstallShield for any given MSIX package.
- Pure 64-bit Launchers – Build pure 64-bit launchers for Basic MSI and Suite installers.
- Support for AWS CloudHSM-based Digital Signing – This feature allows you to digitally sign your installers for build environments set up in AWS using CloudHSM certificates.
- Support for MSIX Core – Streamlined process allows creating a single suite installer targeting MSIX for both Windows 10 and Windows 7.