Solutions Schedule for .NET – The ultimate asset management, multi-resource and optimization scheduling component software. With built-in functionality for managing conflicts through a Gantt style drag-n-drop user interface, Solutions Schedule for .NET is ideal for Health Care solutions to Enterprise ERP solutions. For any project that requires management of resources against a time line or critical path.
Potato chip production to your favourite Plumber’s Schedule to Container Ship Logistics, visualizing enterprise resources across dynamic timelines leads to successful outcomes with the right resources in the right places at the right times.
There are five primary elements that comprise Solutions Schedule:
The Schedule Area, where time bars are created and interacted with and through which developers define the type of Gantt style end-user interaction, varying degrees of accuracy and supporting information that can be surfaced.
The multi column List View and Tree View area – where developers define either style of presentation – the direct edit List View or the Tree View and connect data for presenting and interacting with categorized lists of Resources.
List Items, which originate in the List View / Tree View area and carry through the Scheduling Area for contiguous representation of Resources and the tasks and roles assigned to them.
The Time Bars, which reside in the Schedule Area that complete DBI’s unique Gantt Style, intuitively interactive, Drag and Drop planning and scheduling surface.
Each of the primary elements that comprise Solutions Schedule are managed dynamically by the architecture and business rules applied through the construct of the control.
Further, via the Properties, Events and Methods (PEMs) developers are provided discrete programmability and full control of the control’s presentation – including user (owner) drawn features built into the List / Tree View, Time Line Ruler, Time Bars and Schedule area. User Drawn features are found in the Enterprise license.
Schedule Object Details
The Schedule Area offers developers and end-users an intuitive Gantt style, drag and drop area for planning and scheduling multiple resources grouped and organized as required across various time lines and time-period presentations.
When managing resources across domains and with varying time tables there is a significant advantage offered by Solutions Schedule – being able to present multiple schedules each with differing time scales and schedule period spans (days, weeks etc.) – and all in one view that also allows dragging and dropping between the schedule objects for increased efficiency.
Within the Schedule Area there are a number of objects that offer fine grained interaction with schedule plans. For example:
Notes – Notes are stationary visual objects in the schedule. Tool tips with information about the note are displayed when the mouse hovers over the Note icon. Notes can be used to draw attention to important aspects of a schedule.
DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET v7 – More Time Bars ImageLine arrows are images placed at the start or end of a schedule item notifying the end-user that other tasks have been scheduled that are not within the viewable schedule area.
DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET v7 – Guide LinesGuide Lines are vertical lines within the schedule area for representing a critical point in time and also to help align time bars accurately.
DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET v7 – Current Time LineCurrent Time Line is a vertical line drawn in the schedule representing the current time of day. The Current Time Offset property can be used to display the line in different time zones.
DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET v7 – Custom AreaDead zones set specific areas of the schedule where activities cannot be set – mouse actions are not allowed to create or move time bars in a dead zone.
DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET v7 – Edit ModesEdit modes extend or restrict the CRUD aspects of Solutions Schedule .NET. There are seven specific edits modes: Edit, Erase, Select, Link, Unlink, Split and Guideline, which can be presented via the Edit Modes Toolbar object.
DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET v7 – List GuideWe often encounter large schedule presentations having thousands of Resources with an exponential number of Time bars planned over an extended period of time. In these situations it’s really nice having the List Guide feature available to assist interaction within the Schedule Area especially when the resource list / tree may not be in view.
Multi Column List / Tree View Object Details
Solutions Schedule .NET offers two operational modes for displaying Resources – a traditional multi – column List View, as well, a Tree View:
In addition to the multi column list and tree view options, there are many customization and intuitive end-user features that allow for unique ERP, MRP and other planning presentations, including:
In Cell Editing:
- Built in edit box and combo box
- Support for 3rd party edit controls
- Standard edit modes: , , , and for navigation
- Modify the Edit Controls default move and size settings
- Direct access of text and combo boxes for:
• Addition of new navigation keys
• Overriding behavior of existing navigation keys
• Creating edit masks DBI Technologies Inc. – Solutions Schedule .NET 6 – User Drawn List Items
List / Tree View Area Options
- Change Line Item height by click and drag
- Change Column widths by click and drag
- Column Sorting built-in
- Line Item Headers independent of columns
- Click and drag line items within parent group*
- Line Item sub text
- Booleans – support for check boxes in a column
- Set Resource List Horizontal Scroll Bar Visible
List / Tree View Area – User Drawn Features:
- Line Item – Override the default painting of a line item.
- Cells – Override the default painting of a single line item cell
- Column Headers – Override the default painting of a column header
- Title – Override the default painting of the list title
- Resource List UserDrawn Horizontal Scroll Bar
Time Line Ruler
The Schedule Ruler offers great flexibility for creating and managing activities, roles, appointments, etc. across any combination of time type and time value:
- User Drawn Timeline Ruler Segments – ie. custom week presentation
- Time types include divisions of hours, days, weeks, months and years.
- Time Distance values allow for managing resources down to the second – an important aspect when scheduling robotics – and to years for planning conferences, equipment rentals and production cycles having long durations.
- The Time Distance property allows developers to create zoom-in and zoom-out capabilities for their schedule presentations.
- Ruler Selection – The start and end time of a selected time bar is highlighted in the time line ruler, allowing for more accurate alignment of resource time allocations.
Time Bar Features
Time bars represent the events, assigned roles and appointments attributed to each resource across the time line in a schedule object.
Time bar functionality offered in Solutions Schedule is extensive, offering developers the ability to provide and end-users the opportunity to consume a wealth of information in a single glance:
- Regular text and sub-text – time bars support 2 text string display options
- Text Into View – Make sure the data intended for display is always visible
- Time Bar Dates – display the start / end days of the month within a time bar
- Duplicate time bars quickly with keyboard and mouse actions
- Customize time bar presentations with:
• Set TimeBars Visible by Attribute
• Milestone markers
• Stock and custom supplied images
- Set View – per Schedule Object, set the Schedule View
- Overlap lines – extra thick lines drawn at the points where time bars overlap
- Toggle Time Bars – place time bars behind or to the front
- Alignment Lines – vertical lines appearing at either end of a time bar when a time bar is being created, moved or sized allowing for precision alignment
- Links – Time bars can be linked with Gantt lines. Link time bars in any combination of Start to Start, Start to End, End to Start and End to End with standard, reciprocal or direct link.
- Link Lines, Dash Patterns and Styles, User Drawn Link Lines
- Set the number of Schedule Objects for One Instance of the Control (enterprise)
- Set individual Time Distance Values per Schedule Object
- Independently set Schedule Objects Visible
- UserDrawn Custom Areas
- Integrated ToolTip
- Watermark and User Drawn Watermarks
- Custom Areas, vertical offsets
- Reporting – built in reporting, print preview, create image, mark items as page breaks
- Custom reporting using Solutions Schedule .NET print document object
- XML – write the contents of the control to an XML file and read it back at any time.
Selected time bar collection
- Map Area – A visual representation of all active schedule objects placed along the top of the control for quick navigation
- Scroll to Date – a time targeted method for programmatically navigating to specific points in a schedule
- Hit test methods are provided allowing the developer to determine where the mouse is at any point in the control
LOGON is a pan-asian company operating in China, Hong Kong (HK), India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand. LOGON has local dedicated trained product specialists in Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai and Bangalore. LOGON acts both as value added reseller and sole distributor for award winning software solutions. Customers can buy new licenses, purchase upgrades and renewals from any of our local offices. Contact us for first line support during evaluations, PoCs. We offer best practices consulting services and classroom & online training. Check our site for latest offers, special discounts, bundle deals, etc..