Serial Port Component
Add serial communication functionality to your Windows application.
Adding serial communications requires specialized knowledge that might be outside an individual programmer’s expertise. For years, developers have relied upon the power and reliability of the ActiveXperts Serial Port Component serial communications control.
- Easy to use API
- Control devices over a serial port
- Single DLL, 64-bit and 32-bit
Supported Operating Systems
ActiveXperts Network Component runs on all major Windows platforms. The component is just one DLL: AxSerial64.dll. For 32-bit platforms, AxSerial32.dll is also included.
The component runs on the following Windows operating systems:
- Server platforms: Windows 2022, Windows 2019, Windows 2016, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2008, Windows 2003
- Desktop platforms: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Use ActiveXperts Serial Port Component for different purposes:
- To control manufacturing machines via the serial port;
- To configure network devices (like print-servers, routers) via the serial port;
- To control a modem, connected to the serial/USB port or Bluetooth;
- To transfer files through a null modem cable;
- Any other scenario where serial communications is involved.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component features the following:
- Direct COM ports supported (e.g.: ‘COM2’);
- Windows Telephony Devices supported (e.g.: ‘Standard 9600 bps Modem’);
- Support for RS-232, RS422 and RS485;
- Up to 256 ports opened simultaneously;
- Thread-safe to allow the component in multi-threading environments (samples included);
- Support for Hayes compatible modems, connected via a serial port, USB or Bluetooth;
- Support for Virtual COM ports (i.e. COM ports redirected through the network);
- Hardware flow control (RTS/CTS, DTR/DSR);
- Software flow control (XON/XOFF);
- Support for any baudrate, parity, stopbits;
- Full buffered data transfer;
- Text and Binary data transfer;
- Advanced logging.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component includes samples for many development tools, including:
This code snippet illustrates how to use ActiveXperts Network Component. It sends out an SMS messaging using a GSM modem with SIM card inserted. For full samples, go to ftp.activexperts-lab.com.
Set objComport = CreateObject("AxSerial.Comport") ' Create a new Comport instance objComport.Device = "COM1" ' Use a COM port directly objComport.BaudRate = 56000 ' Set baudrate (default value: 9600) objComport.HardwareFlowControl = True ' Set Hardware Flow Control objComport.SoftwareFlowControl = False ' Set Software Flow Control objComport.Open ' Open the port Wscript.Echo "Open, result: " & objComport.LastError If( objComport.LastError <> 0 ) Then WScript.Quit End If objComport.WriteString( "at&f" ) ' Write command str = objComport.ReadString WScript.Echo "Received: [" & str & "]" ' Read the response objComport.Close ' Close the port
The core of ActiveXperts Serial Port Component is a ActiveX/COM DLL component is available as a 64-bit DLL and a 32-bit DLL.
- AxSerial64.dll – the ActiveX/COM component for 64-bit platforms
- AxSerial32.dll – the ActiveX/COM component for 32-bit platforms
Distribution is easy: copy the DLL(s) to the target platform and register the self-registering DLL using the REGSVR32.EXE Windows command. Click here for more information.
LOGON is a pan-asian company operating in China, Hong Kong (HK), India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand. LOGON has local dedicated trained product specialists in Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai and Bangalore. LOGON acts both as value added reseller and sole distributor for award winning software solutions. Customers can buy new licenses, purchase upgrades and renewals from any of our local offices. Contact us for first line support during evaluations, PoCs. We offer best practices consulting services and classroom & online training. Check our site for latest offers, special discounts, bundle deals, etc..