Is Your Business Ready for Windows 11? | Lansweeper
With Microsoft’s release of Windows 11 just around the corner, IT teams in large enterprises are under pressure to devise a plan of attack. To roll out the new OS, they’ll need a quick and cost-effective Windows 11 readiness check to identify machines that are eligible — and ineligible — for the upgrade.
Windows 11 Readiness Audit
Lansweeper’s research reveals that about 85% of enterprise PCs are running Windows 10, while the other 15% are running even older operating systems — Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8. For consumer devices, the numbers are similar (87% and 13%, respectively). And although Microsoft will continue to support Windows 10 until 2025, it’s critical organizations develop an efficient migration plan to update or retire devices with the least amount of business disruption — and without straining budgets or resources.
Assess Windows 11 Migration Readiness with Lansweeper
Organizations using Lansweeper have access to a breadth of data that Microsoft’s health check tool can’t provide — and IT teams can leverage that data to prepare for the Windows 11 rollout. With Lansweeper, IT teams can identify all connected Windows machines with little effort, and gain access to all of the data they need — in minutes.
Lansweeper combines market-leading scanning technologies to scour the network and collect detailed information about every connected device. Using agentless deep scanning technology, it scans all devices and provides granular information about system configurations, software versions, users, and more, and creates a comprehensive IT asset inventory. This makes it easy to pinpoint machines running old software and make an action plan to either update or retire them.
Lansweeper combines its passive scanning ‘Asset Radar’ technology with Credential-free Device Recognition (CDR) to detect assets the moment they connect to the network. CDR recognizes a machine’s OS during the initial scan, without the need for agents or credentials. Administrators receive results in near real-time — without wasting hours and resources on manual processes.
Better yet, Lansweeper experts created a Windows 11 Readiness Audit Report that can be run against the asset inventory to check for machines that are eligible for the Windows 11 upgrade. The report presents all the information in a visual, digestible format, making it easy to create a migration plan.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Get prepared now!
Windows 11 is expected to provide a host of new features and benefits to users, including an improved UI, support for efficient multitasking, better gaming, productivity apps, and more. Still, the transition will certainly strain IT teams as they scramble to update devices before the Windows 10 EOL. Lansweeper customers will benefit from rapid access to all the information they need to take action while saving time and resources as they prepare for the organization-wide migration to Windows 11.
Learn More about Lansweeper
Learn how Lansweeper can benefit your bussiness
Comments are closed