Introducing a Smarter and Faster Way to Package your Software
Enhance the quality of your software packages, effortlessly meet industry standards, and create packages in record time with Smart Package Studio. This smart, innovative, and intuitive tool helps you with software packaging challenges of all sizes.
Build packages cleaner, faster, and better
Smart Package Studio harnesses the power of machine learning to provide state-of-the-art functionality and enhanced usability for all software packagers. It’s easy to use and can save up to 40% of packaging time.
- Collect – Whenever a Smart Package Studio user cleans up a project, we collect data about the deletions in the project (fully anonymized, of course).
- Analyse – The Smart Package Studio servers use machine learning to analyze all incoming capture exclusions and automatically build new rules.
- Share – The new rules are returned to your Smart Package Studio every time you opens the program, making it smarter every time you use it.
Smart Package Studio enables you to make high quality enterprise software packages quickly and easily – without costing a fortune.
Complete MSI editor
Smart User Data Feature
40% Faster Packaging
Smart Package Studio contains a built-in analysis module that automatically checks for compliancy with company rules and policies. For example, most companies want to disallow packages from rebooting computers. In Smart Package Studio you can simply create a rule saying that the REBOOT property should have the value ReallySuppress. Every time you open or create a package the Analysis module will scan the package for this rule.
The Analysis module also offers to automatically fix the package to comply with the rule. Select the rule and click Fix selected. That’s it!
In the example above with the reboot setting, it will fix it by adding the REBOOT property to the Property table and setting the value to ReallySuppress.
Smart Analysis provides an elegant solution for ensuring that your packages are always compliant with company standards and rules!
Create transform files with ease! Directly built into the editor, Smart Package Studio offers a unique way to create transform files based on the user interface of the vendor MSI package.
Smart Editor automatically detects that an MSI package has been opened and offers to create a transform file.
In this example, AutoTransform runs the user interface section of the Adobe Reader MSI package and we change the update option to Manual.
The editor is smart! It’s packed with features and tools yet maintains a simple user interface.
A good example is the Files/Directory interface where you can opt to hide empty folders so you only see folders with content.
In this simple interface, you can:
- Set permissions on folders and files
- Enable self-repair for user settings
- Directly access to the highlighted item in the corresponding table
- Drag and drop files in and out of the package
- Set key paths for components
- …and more!
Another good example of intelligence is in the Properties view. To see where a property is used within the package, simply select it and click on View References.
A dialog will show you all the references to that property and you even get an option to go directly to the table referencing the property. Fast and smart!
In addition to building an MSI package, it is easy to create MSIX and IntuneWin packages directly from within Smart Editor by selecting different output modes.
MSIX is a new package format created by Microsoft to ease the migration of software to the Microsoft Store and enterprise stores. Smart Package Studio intelligently compiles and digitally signs projects into MSIX packages ready to be deployed.
IntuneWin is a package format used to deploy applications when using Intune in Microsoft Azure to manage devices.
Repackaging a legacy installer into an MSI package has never been easier. Smart Capture uses a very simple process:
- Take a snapshot of the state of the operating system
- Install the legacy application and configure it
- Take a second snapshot of the state of the operating system
- Compare the snapshots and build an MSI project
Additional reasons to try Smart Package Studio
- Optimized installation: download, install and start using within minutes
- Smart Tester helps you efficiently test packages, saving time and resources
- The trial period includes full access to professional support from our packaging experts
- Smart Package Studio’s friendly user interface makes navigating complicated tasks easier
- Use Smart Searcher to find any packages matching your criteria on a server or a share
Take the packaging test
Take the Smart Package Studio test to challenge yourself and your colleagues on your packaging knowledge. See who’s the best at software packaging.
The test consists of ten dynamic questions that change each time you take the test. You’ll be judged on quality and speed. Participants with the best scores will be shown on the scoreboard here on the site. Happy testing!
LOGON is a pan-asian company operating in China, Hong Kong (HK), India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand. LOGON has local dedicated trained product specialists in Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai and Bangalore. LOGON acts both as value added reseller and sole distributor for award winning software solutions. Customers can buy new licenses, purchase upgrades and renewals from any of our local offices. Contact us for first line support during evaluations, PoCs. We offer best practices consulting services and classroom & online training. Check our site for latest offers, special discounts, bundle deals, etc..